Insiders feel Salman’s pending court case could have affected his travel plans for his upcoming film ‘Kick’
While the shoot of his upcoming film is already underway in London, the film’s lead actor Salman Khan is yet to leave the Indian shores. According to insiders, the star’s visa has been rejected and no reason has been provided for it. Salman was supposed to start shooting his portions from last week onwards.
Those close to the star feel that the rejection may have something to do with his hit and run case pending against him in the court. A source says, “Salman had appeared in court on July 24 but the final verdict was not taken. On July 19, the hearing was postponed and charges were framed against him on July 24. The court then framed the charges and adjourned the case till August 19. The rules pertaining to securing a UK visa has become stringent these days. It has definitely affected Salman’s travel plans.”
An insider from the film’s unit says, “We can however reapply for the visa. We will wait till next week before restarting the procedure. Hopefully, by then he will get his visa and will be able to join the rest of the cast in London. There already has been a lot of delay in the shoot due to this.” The film’s director Sajid Nadiadwala remained unavailable for comment.