Off late, Bollywood’s sweetheart Parineeti Chopra has not only been swimming the experimental shores of her sartorial choices, but also twisting it up with her beauty looks.
At the IIFA 2015 awards, she kept her look high glam—pairing a black basketweave gown with a sleek ponytail and smoky eyes that were intense, yet not overdone.
How much black is too much? Vogue got MAC’s Global senior artist, Sonic Sarwate, to decode her red carpet look for the perfect smoky.
Get The Look
1. Start with moisturising the skin well, to create a smooth base and prep your skin. Sarwate used MAC’s Studio Sculpt foundation for a natural even-toned finish.
2. Eyes are the focus here and the key is to make your smoky look subtle yet sexy. Sarwate started off by applying MAC’s cream colour base in Root all over the lid, to provide creaminess to the shadow and for easy blending.
3. Then, swipe a generous amount of MAC Feline Power kohl on the waterline and top lashline.
4. Using a smudging brush, create a soft smear around the eyes. Sarwate set it with a light wash of MAC eye shadow in Embark.
5. Finish the eye make-up with several coats of voluminous mascara for intensity near the lashes, and define the brows with a brow pencil.
6. Finally, a natural blush in MAC Sincere followed by a nude lipstick (Sarwate used Viva Glam V) completes this look.