LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Sylvester Stallone suffered a terrible tragedy last month when his 36-year-old son, Sage, was found dead in his Los Angeles home.
The action superstar was understandably not in attendance at the press junket for his highly anticipated “Expendables 2,” where his absence was markedly felt by his supportive co-stars Randy Couture, Terry Crews, Dolph Lundgren and Jean-Claude Van Damme.
“We miss him here. This is his gig,” UFC champ Randy told Access Hollywood at the junket in Los Angeles on Friday. “This is his thing and we’re all here because of him. So, we definitely miss him, but we understand.”
Adding, “He’s where he needs to be right now.”
Terry Crews said the tragedy hits close to home as a fellow father.
“Our hearts are with him. [Randy and I] both have kids — I can’t imagine [losing a child]. There are no words to that kind of pain, to have to go through something like that,” he said. “He’s one of the toughest people I’ve ever met, ever known — a kind man — and our prayers and our hearts are with him.”
Sly’s former “Rocky” rival Dolph Lundgren said he was hoping for the best for his longtime friend.
“I haven’t spoken to him [since Sage passed], but it must be really rough,” he said. “That’s the worst thing that can happen to somebody — to lose your kid.”
Jean-Claude Van Damme added “All my love to [Sly’s] family… it’s very personal. He’s a great guy.”
“Expendables 2,” which also stars Jason Statham, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris, Jet Li , Bruce Willis and Liam Hemsworth, hits theaters on August 17.
EbuzzToday is your all-access pass to most fascinating stars around the globe. We cover all international news which includes Hollywood, Bollywood and Lollywood. With the opening of our Lahore office we start covering Pakistani Fashion & Media Industry.
Before you do business with us, Kindly read our Terms of Business You must agree with our Terms to do business with Ebuzztoday/Ebuzz PR/ Ebuzz Studio.